How to Market Your Practice to Millennials
We recently discussed the profound effect millennials are having on the aesthetic industry. They are changing the face of injectable treatments and flocking to med spas and plastic surgeons to have the latest treatment. Therefore, it is vital that you target these millennials because not only do they want treatments now, but they will continue to want treatments as a way of preventing further aging.
Here are some of the ways that you can be in touch with your millennial audience:
- Your website: We’ve discussed before the importance of having a great website. This is especially true when it comes to millennials. They are more prone to look up specific services or practices on the web, and you want your website to show up and have the right information they are looking for. This means your website also needs to be mobile friendly as most millennials are browsing the web from their mobile devices.
- Social media: The millennial generation is all about their social media so it’s important for you to be active on social media as well. Social media can also allow patients to stay in touch with you, share testimonials, and more. So it can be a very good business decision to incorporate social media.
- Your messaging: In order to target millennials, you may need to adjust your messaging. It might help to center your messaging around the lifestyle: staying in shape, eating well, and looking good. Taking care of your skin is just another aspect of the total wellness package that millennials love.
- Solicit Reviews: Millennials have friends that are going to want the same treatments as their friends. Encourage online testimonials on social media and other online review sites. Encourage them to bring their friends in and share their experience.
- Deals and Rewards: Millennials are all about their coupons and reward programs. Offering any sort of discount, or reward, is going to be attractive to this generation and a good way to get them in the door, as well as their friends.
In the past, aesthetic treatments such as fillers and injections were most commonly sought out by the older demographic looking to fix their lines, wrinkles, and volume loss. However, it is now the millennial generation that is overtaking the aesthetic industry, wanting the newest treatments available. As the older generations continue to age, the Millennial generation will be taking their place. Therefore it is important to include them in your marketing.